Monday, September 6, 2010

Finding peace amidst the chaos

Chaos prevails. Here , there, everywhere i can look around or is it that my mind looks for chaos around? Someone had pointed what u think, shall u stumble upon each day. Ever wondered , one day u learn a new word and in the coming days u keep finding that word every now n then being used either in ur social circle or in newspapers or on TV!! We attract what we think and here we were finding that word, eventually the word keeps coming back .. So does it happen in case of emotions. Fortunately or unfortunately I have realised that I keep looking for chaos everywhere n so there i keep bumping into it again n again. A very sweet Friend, whom i met recently, derives her inspiration from the chaos in the life.

That is when i thought of looking at this differently. The chaos that I keep attracting keeps my curious, restless side of Gemini on the go. My mind keeps shuttling at an infinite speed between the real and imaginary world. The twins start talking , one convincing and the other dissuading. And through these 2 , I become a company of my ownself ! I wonder how many people do something like this.. So here I have been trying to achieve some peace amidst the continous chaos by tapping my restless side and creating a busy world. Sometimes ,the feeling of what is coming next being totally black ,is so clear that u stop worrying about the next step and live by the moment : and yet sometimes that strange feeling to know whats actually happening in that blackness makes u go chaotic again.


All i can think about is Buddha's saying about awareness :
" Peace is not to be practised: it is a by-product of awareness. Love is not to be practised: it is a by-product of awareness. Righteousness is not to be practised: it is a by-product of awareness."


And hence awareness is very important . But isnt it so paradoxical that we try keeping ourselves aware of what is but are totally unaware of what may come. Well I keep getting confused between the periods of present and future and of what is and what isnt. I m not sure whether everyone feels this way or if they do , do they really introspect and if they do , do they really express??

No comments:

Post a Comment