Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dad

Its unnerving to see how the life has passed till now..Sometimes i wonder, have i really grown up or yet i am still that tiny little gurl who used to walk around holding my dad's hand..Time has passed , days have gone with lot of happy memories & lot of events happening & yet i cant seem to stop thinking of my childhood days.
Few days back i heard daughter's day being celebrated throughout the world. We seem to create a day for each single relationship. I guess its a western concept since the families there dont really have time or they really do not want to interact due to their own priorities & that on wotever day designated, they show particular emotions to that relation.. Well thats too raw rationale, but if i look into deeper thought of it, i kind of like it as well.. I am a very expressive n hence take opportunity on such days to tell my loved ones how much they mean to me.

N yes , i missed my dad a lot on father's day n on daughter's day as well.. He was my world & i was his. His last words were just my name, all he craved was my happiness. He brought me up like one strong boy, he never treated me like a gurl. There were no differences in our house or any rules diffferent for me n my bro..I miss his care, conceren, unconditional love & that umbrella of his support. That feeling that nothing will go wrong if he is around me, or even if it goes wrong, he's there to keep his hand on my head n say, Beta, its fine...I miss all this n yes this is when i realise that life passed away too soon.. I wish i could hvae spent more days with my lovely poppy...

I remember one incidence when i was some 3 yr old & mum had scolded me for sm reason.I was so tiny, i sat crying into the puja mandir in the small kitchen we had.. After an hour or so, he came to cajole me & pamper me, he kissed me & took me out. He was always my saviour. I have never seen him scolding me ever. he would come to pick me from the bus stand where my school bus would drop me. I would sit on his TVS & want a cupcake before going home. Well sometimes a falooda too:) N i was his princess, so everything i asked i always got. There was one incidence when i was to be vaccinated when i was abt 4 yrs & i agreed only once he promised that i get one ice cream if i allow vaccination.. All this seem so trivial incidence, but these are my precious memories of my childhood with my very special poppy.
I love u poppy n i know u watchn me frm there, I miss ur voice, ur hug n the assurance that no matter wot happens u will protect me:(( But dont worry poppy, i am growing up & will make u proud of urself.. Love u.

No comments:

Post a Comment